Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
The Reformed Catholic Church is an Independent Catholic denomination founded in New York City in 1879 by some priests who left the Roman Catholic Church. It is not in communion with the Pope in Rome.
The Reformed Catholic Church has about 10,000 members in over 50 churches in the United States and Canada. It is a congregational denomination, which means that each church is autonomous and self-governing. The Reformed Catholic Church has a national body, the General Synod of the Reformed Catholic Church, which provides resources and support to its member churches.
The Reformed Catholic Church is a progressive denomination that ordains women and offers open communion. It also affirms the LGBTQ community.
The founder of the Reformed Catholic Church was the late James A. O’Gorman, who was its first bishop. O’Gorman was a controversial figure, and his teachings have been criticized by some other Catholic denominations.
However, the Reformed Catholic Church remains a major force in the progressive Catholic movement, and it continues to grow and expand its reach.
Here are some of the key beliefs of the Reformed Catholic Church:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, and is fully God and fully man.
- He died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead on the third day.
- He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- He will return to earth one day to judge the living and the dead.
- Salvation is by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Repentance and baptism are necessary for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and is present in the lives of believers.
- The church is the body of Christ and is made up of all believers.
- The second coming of Christ is imminent.
- The resurrection of the dead and the final judgment will take place.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Orthodox Church in America
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- Assemblies of God
- The Episcopal Church