Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
The Progressive National Baptist Convention (PNBC) is a mainline African-American Baptist denomination emphasizing civil rights and social justice. It was founded in 1961 by a group of African-American Baptists who were dissatisfied with the direction of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. (NBC). The PNBC is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The PNBC has about 2.5 million members in over 6,000 churches in the United States and Canada. It is the second-largest African-American Baptist denomination in the United States, after the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
The PNBC is a progressive denomination that holds to a wide range of theological beliefs. However, all PNBC churches share a commitment to evangelism, missions, and social justice.
The PNBC is also known for its commitment to the ordination of women. The PNBC was the first major African-American denomination to ordain women, and it continues to be a leader in this area.
The PNBC is active in a number of social justice causes, including civil rights, economic justice, and environmental justice. It is also a strong advocate for the rights of African Americans and other minority groups.
The PNBC is a growing denomination, and it is active in evangelism and missions. It is also a leader in the use of media and technology in ministry.
The PNBC is a diverse denomination that holds to a wide range of theological beliefs. However, all PNBC churches share a commitment to social justice and civil rights.
Here are some of the key beliefs of the Progressive National Baptist Convention:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- Salvation is by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Repentance and baptism are necessary for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and is present in the lives of believers.
- The church is the body of Christ and is made up of all believers.
- The second coming of Christ is imminent.
- The resurrection of the dead and the final judgment will take place.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Reformed Catholic Church
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Orthodox Church in America
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- Assemblies of God
- The Episcopal Church