Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
The Orthodox Church in America is an Eastern Orthodox Christian church that was founded in 1924. It is the largest autocephalous (self-governing) Orthodox church in the Americas, with over 1 million members.
The OCA was founded by Russian Orthodox Christians who immigrated to the United States after the Russian Revolution. The church is headquartered in New York City and has dioceses in all 50 states, as well as Canada and Mexico.
The OCA is a member of the World Council of Churches and the Conference of European Churches. It is also a founding member of the Pan-Orthodox Council of Churches.
The OCA is governed by a Holy Synod, which is composed of the bishops of the church. The Holy Synod meets regularly to make decisions about the church’s life and work.
The OCA is a traditional Orthodox church, and its beliefs and practices are based on the teachings of the early church fathers.
The church’s main beliefs include the following:
- The Bible is the inspired word of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only Savior of the world.
- The Holy Trinity is one God in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The seven sacraments are essential for Christian life and worship.
- The church is the Body of Christ, and all Christians are called to be members of the church.
The OCA is a growing church, and it is actively involved in mission and outreach. The church also provides a variety of social services, such as food pantries, homeless shelters, and healthcare clinics.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Reformed Catholic Church
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- Assemblies of God
- The Episcopal Church