Last Updated on 3 weeks by Admin
Within the tapestry of African-American Christian denominations, the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship (FGBCF) shines as a radiant and charismatic Baptist entity.
Established by the multifaceted Bishop Paul Sylvester Morton, a renowned Gospel singer and former National Baptist pastor, this fellowship emerged as a response to the prevailing cessationism within traditional black Baptist circles.
The FGBCF advocates for the vibrant expression of Pentecostal and Charismatic spiritual gifts while maintaining allegiance to certain core Baptist doctrines.
With roots deeply embedded in African-American culture, the FGBCF resonates with approximately 500,000 fervent members who gather in over 1,000 churches, spanning the United States and beyond. Its spiritual epicenter resides in the vibrant city of Atlanta, Georgia.
At the core of the FGBCF’s identity lies an unwavering emphasis on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Here, charismatic fervor finds expression through the manifestations of spiritual phenomena, including speaking in tongues, prophecy, and divine healing—a vivid testament to the living, breathing presence of the Holy Spirit within its congregations.
The FGBCF is more than a fellowship; it is a dynamic force in the realm of evangelism and missions, actively engaging with the world through the lens of faith.
A distinctive feature of the FGBCF’s governance is its Board of Bishops, a collective composed of the bishops of the denomination’s member churches. This ecclesiastical assembly shoulders the weighty responsibility of setting the denomination’s policies and programs, guiding its course in harmony with the charismatic tenor of its faith.
In a display of theological diversity, the FGBCF welcomes a wide spectrum of beliefs within its fold. Yet, the shared commitment to evangelism, missions, and the effusive gifts of the Holy Spirit serves as a common thread binding its member churches together.
The Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship, rooted in the African-American Christian experience, stands as a vibrant and charismatic Baptist denomination. Its fervent embrace of the Holy Spirit’s gifts, coupled with its missionary zeal, renders it a shining beacon within the landscape of American Christianity.
Here are some of the key beliefs of the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- Salvation is by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Repentance and water baptism are necessary for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and is present in the lives of believers.
- The church is the body of Christ and is made up of all believers.
- The second coming of Christ is imminent.
- The resurrection of the dead and the final judgment will take place.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Reformed Catholic Church
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Orthodox Church in America
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- Assemblies of God
- The Episcopal Church