Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
The Evangelical Presbyterian Church is a conservative Christian denomination that was founded in 1981 by conservative Presbyterians who were dissatisfied with the direction of the mainline Presbyterian Church (USA).
The EPC is the third-largest Presbyterian denomination in the United States, with over 145,000 members and 600 churches.
The EPC is a confessional denomination, which means that it adheres to a set of theological standards. The EPC’s standards are based on the Westminster Confession of Faith, a Reformed confession of faith that was adopted in 1646.
The EPC is a presbyterian denomination, which means that it is governed by a system of councils. The highest council in the EPC is the General Assembly, which meets every year to set policy and make decisions for the denomination.
The EPC is a missions-minded denomination, and it is involved in a wide range of ministries around the world. The EPC also supports a number of educational institutions, including Reformed Theological Seminary and Westminster Theological Seminary.
Here are some of the key beliefs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church:
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and the supreme authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only Savior of the world.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- Baptism is a believer’s immersion in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic observance of the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
- The local church is the primary expression of the body of Christ.
- Mission to all nations is the Great Commission of the church.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Reformed Catholic Church
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Orthodox Church in America
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- Assemblies of God
- The Episcopal Church