Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is a mainline Protestant Christian denomination headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. It was officially formed on January 1, 1988, by the merging of three Lutheran church bodies.
As of 2023, it has approximately 3.04 million baptized members in 8,724 congregations.
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is a theologically moderate denomination, and it is known for its commitment to social justice. The church has been a vocal advocate for civil rights, environmental protection, and peace.
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is a congregational church, which means that each local church is autonomous and self-governing. The national church provides a forum for cooperation and shared ministry, but it does not have authority over the local churches.
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is a diverse denomination, with members from all walks of life. The church is committed to being inclusive and welcoming to all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is a vibrant and active denomination. The church is involved in a wide range of ministries, including worship, education, social justice, and community service. The ELCA is a force for good in the United States and around the world.
Here are some of the key beliefs of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America:
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, but it is not the only source of divine revelation.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only Savior of the world.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- All people are created in the image of God and are therefore equal in worth and dignity.
- The church is called to be a community of love and justice that works for peace and reconciliation in the world.
- Christians are called to love their neighbors as themselves and to serve others in need.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Reformed Catholic Church
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Orthodox Church in America
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- Assemblies of God
- The Episcopal Church