Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
The Assemblies of God (AG) is the world’s largest Pentecostal denomination, with over 67 million adherents and members worldwide. It is a Protestant Christian denomination that was founded in 1914 in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
The AG emphasizes the importance of the Holy Spirit, and its members are known for their practice of speaking in tongues. The denomination also believes in baptism in the Holy Spirit, divine healing, and the Second Coming of Christ.
The AG is organized into over 130,000 churches in over 200 countries. The denomination’s headquarters are in Springfield, Missouri.
Here are some of the Assemblies of God’s beliefs in detail:
God: The AG believes in one God, who is the Creator of all things. They believe that God is triune, consisting of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ: The AG believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who came to earth to save humanity from sin. They believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, and that he rose from the dead to give us eternal life.
The Holy Spirit: The AG believes in the Holy Spirit, who guides and empowers believers. They believe that the Holy Spirit is present in the world and that the Holy Spirit helps us to live a Christian life.
The Bible: The AG believes that the Bible is the inspired word of God. They believe that the Bible is a reliable guide for living a Christian life.
Salvation: The AG believes that salvation is a gift from God, and that it is received by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
Baptism: The AG believes that baptism is an ordinance of the church, and that it should be performed by immersion in water.
The Second Coming: The AG believes that Jesus Christ will return to earth one day, and that this event will mark the end of the world.
The Assemblies of God is a vibrant and growing denomination that is committed to following Jesus Christ and making a difference in the world. The denomination is involved in a variety of ministries, including evangelism, church planting, and social outreach.
List of Christian Denominations in USA
- Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Reformed Catholic Church
- Church of God Cleveland
- North American Baptist Conference
- Church of God Holiness
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Holiness Church
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Christian Union
- Church of God Anderson
- Alliance of Baptists
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship
- National Baptist Convention of America
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- American Baptist Association
- Mennonite Church USA
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Pentecostal Church of God
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Missionary Church
- Bible Fellowship Church
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Independent Baptist
- Reformed Church in America
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Orthodox Church in America
- Worldwide Church of God
- Brethren Church
- National Baptist Convention
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Church of the Brethren
- Church of God in Christ
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Churches of Christ
- United Church of Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- United Methodist Church
- Calvary Chapel
- Church of the Nazarene
- The Episcopal Church